BitFire has a full-time opening in our Broadcast Operations Department for a Broadcast Technician located at our Hudson, MA office.
This position is primarily responsible for configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting IP transmission within the BitFire Transport Network but has the opportunity to work in Production and Engineering departments, as needed.
We are looking to add a video and networking generalist to our growing team. The ideal candidate is not necessarily an IT specialist or a broadcast engineer, but a highly motivated individual who has familiarity and skills in both. In addition, this position requires excellent communication and problem solving skills paired with an eagerness to learn new technologies.
- Provide quality control for on-air transmissions in our 24/7 Network Operations Center
- Coordinate various types of transmission services with broadcast networks
- Configure, monitor, and troubleshoot live IP video transmission
- Communicate with clients of varying levels of technical expertise
- Work with coworkers, clients, and external teams to execute productions and solve technical issues
- Assist other departments in completing daily tasks
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong understanding of broadcast and video production systems including SDI and IP based technology and workflows
- Strong understanding of computer systems and networking
- Experience in live television environment
- Strong technical skills with an eagerness to learn
- Flexibility to work various days and shifts
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service experience
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems with a measured and professional approach
- Self-directed and motivated to fill down-time in ways that expand skills and assist coworkers
- Ability to work both independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Familiarity with Google Workspace and its associated programs
Opportunities for Advancement
- Roles within a REMI Production Environment
- Broadcast Engineering
- IP Transmission Design and Development
BitFire is an end-to-end live IP video transmission and production company built by broadcasters for broadcasters.
With locations in Phoenix and Boston, BitFire provides agile, professional-grade, live IP video transport with expert remote production services. The BitFire Transport Network is a fully managed network that provides point-to-point delivery of broadcast-quality video, audio, comms and data over the public internet at the ideal quality and latency for each situation.
BitFire Production Services are provided by a team of broadcast experts, equipped with remote production control rooms, camera packages, and live production and post- production capabilities.
Bitfire offers a competitive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, parental leave and more!
Bitfire is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bitfire prohibits discrimination and harassment of applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Resumes and cover letters should be sent to email@example.com.